Looking for a quick and simple dinner? Your family will enjoy the simple pasta dish with Ontario Tomatoes and Peppers.
Recipe Type: Entree | Recipe Yield: 6 Servings | Prep Time: 15 Min. | Cooking Time: 20 Min.
¼ cup (63 g) Ontario greenhouse yellow, orange or red bell peppers, finely chopped
¼ cup (63 g) Ontario greenhouse tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
¼ cup (63 g) eggplant, peeled and diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
¼ cup (63 ml) dry white wine
¼ cup (63 g) shallots, peeled and diced
1 pound (454 g) dry spaghetti noodles
4 sprigs of fresh thyme, picked and diced
4 sprigs of fresh rosemary, picked and diced
7 basil leaves, sliced
1 tbsp. (15 g) chili flakes
- Bring a lot pot of salted water to a rolling boil, then add the dry spaghetti noodles. Cook until al dente for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, sauté the shallots, then add the bell peppers and eggplant. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Deglaze the pan with white wine.
- Add the garlic and reduce.
- Drain the pot of water and add the cooked spaghetti noodles to the skillet.
- Sauté the spaghetti noodles, then add the chopped fresh herbs, tomatoes and chili flakes.
- Divide the noodles into 6 bowls and serve immediately