A tasty Asian-inspired salad with soba noodles.
Recipe Yield: 6 Servings | Prep Time: 15 Min. | Cooking Time: None
RICE WINE VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS:
¼ cup (60 mL) rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp. (15 mL) chili paste
2 tsp. (10 mL) tahini paste
¼ cup (60 mL) canola oil
2 tbsp. (30 mL) soy sauce
2 tsp. (10 mL) granulated sugar
2 tsp. (10 mL) minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp. (1 mL) each salt and pepper
12 oz (350 g) soba noodles
3 cups (750 mL) cooked, shredded rotisserie chicken
2 Ontario Greenhouse Bell Peppers, thinly sliced
1 ½ cups (375 mL) chopped Ontario Greenhouse Seedless Cucumbers
1 ½ cups (375 mL) chopped Ontario Greenhouse Tomatoes on the Vine
3 green onions, thinly sliced
2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped lime wedges
hot sauce (optional)
RICE WINE VINAIGRETTE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Whisk together rice wine vinegar, chili paste and tahini paste until blended; whisk in oil, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions; drain and toss with vinaigrette.
- Stir in chicken, peppers and green onions.
- Divide among 6 bowls; top evenly with cucumbers, tomatoes and avocados.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges, and hot sauce (if using).