The classic comfort food with a kick!
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings | Prep Time 20 Min. | Cook Time 2-3 Hrs.
3 tbsp (45 ml) – Olive Oil
1 – Fresh Finger Chili seeded & Sliced
2 – Medium Onions diced
1 lb (454 gm) – Grape Tomatoes halved
2 tbsp (30 ml) – Smoked Paprika
2-3 lb (1-1.5 kg) – Beef Brisket trimmed of excess fat Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
2 – Carrots peeled & diced 1 – Celery Stalk diced
2 lb (1 kg) – Roma Tomatoes halved
4 cups (1 liter) – Beef or Chicken Broth
- Preheat the oven to 325 Deg. F
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chili, half the onions, grape tomatoes and smoked paprika. Cook until brown, then remove from the heat and cool.
- Season the brisket generously with salt and freshly ground pepper and put in a roasting pan. Add the carrots, celery, tomatoes and remainder of onions.
- Press the onion chili mixture on top of the brisket to form a crust.
- Pour enough stock to cover ¾ of the brisket but be sure not to cover the crust.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and transfer to the hot oven. Cook for approx. 2-3 hours basting every 30 minutes. Once tender remove from the oven, uncover and let cool in the braising liquid for 2 hours or even better, overnight.