Our globally inspired Indian Bruschetta is a wonderful way to capture the flavour of ripe tomatoes as a popular appetizer.
Recipe Yield: 12 ½ cup (120mL) servings | Prep Time: 15 Min. | Cooking Time: 5 Min.
3 tbsp milk
2 tbsp canola oil, divided
4 Ontario Greenhouse Grown tomatoes, cubed (Any variety of tomatoes works. Aim for 4 cups)
¼ red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp minced fresh thyme
⅛ tsp salt
- Toast coriander and cumin seeds in a dry pan. When cool, grind to a fine powder.
- Combine ginger, jalapeño, lime juice, olive oil, cayenne, salt and sugar, set aside.
- Cut tomatoes into bite-sized pieces and set aside. Chop cilantro and mint.
- Gently combine tomatoes with dressing, cilantro, mint and ground spice mixture.
- Serve bruschetta with toasted flatbread.