This bright green lemonade is enhanced with Ontario Greenhouse cucumber. It is very refreshing for everyone just as it is but delicious as a cocktail base with the addition of gin, vodka or your favourite tipple!
Cooking Time: None | Recipe Yield: 6 Generous Glasses
1 large Ontario Greenhouse seedless cucumber
½ cup (120 mL) fresh lemon Juice
1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest (from one small lemon)
¾ cup (180 mL) granulated sugar (or honey to taste)
6 cups (1.44 L) cold water
¾ tsp (4 mL) salt
Extra lemon slices for garnishing
- Wash cucumber well. Cut a few thin slices longwise and set aside for garnishing. Please note: It is not necessary to peel the cucumber.
- Chop remaining cucumber; add 2 cups of water in blender with cucumber pieces and sugar.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Sieve drink to remove any solids and add remaining water in a large bowl.
- Add salt, lemon juice, ice cubes, lemon zest and stir well to combine. Sieve again if preferred.
- Pour in serving glasses add more ice cubes if required or chill and serve, garnish with cucumber slice and/or lemon wedges.
To garnish glass as in our picture, first add ice cubes in a glass and then twist the long cucumber slice and twist it into the side of the glass and pour lemonade on top. Ice cubes will hold the cucumber slice in place. Thin round slices can be used instead if preferred.