& Sweet Potato Galettes
This appetizer is best served warm and fresh.
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings | Prep Time: 1 Hr. | Cook Time: 30 Min.
3 – Sweet Potatoes
8 oz (227 gm) – Puff Pastry
1 – Egg lightly beaten
6 tbsp (90 ml) – High fat sour cream
4 oz (112 gm) – Goat Cheese
1 lb (454 gm) – Cherry Tomatoes halved
1 – Finger Chili seeded and thinly sliced
1 tbsp (15 ml) – Olive oil
1 – Garlic Clove minced
1 tbsp (15 ml) – Flat leaf Parsley chopped
Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Bake the sweet potatoes in their skins for 35-45 minutes until slightly soft but still firm in the middle. You can check this by inserting a knife into the center of the potato. Remove from the oven and let cool until easy to handle. Peel the sweet potatoes and slice into thin rounds.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the puff pastry to bring to 1/16” thickness.
Cut into 3 even rectangles and prick the entire pastry with a fork.
- Line a small baking sheet tray with parchment paper and transfer the pastry rectangles to the tray. Be sure to leave at least 2 inches between each pastry and leave to rest in the fridge for at least 30 min.
- To assemble, remove pastry from the fridge and brush with egg. Spread an equal thin layer of cream cheese on each pastry leaving a 1/4 inch border. Arrange the sweet potato slices, cherry tomatoes, goat cheese and top with chilies.
- Bake for 20-25 min until pastry is cooked through and golden. While the pastry is cooking, you can combine the garlic, olive oil, parsley and a touch of salt. As soon as the pastries come out of the oven, brush them with this mixture and season with freshly cracked black pepper and kosher salt.